Due to protests from Opposition parties, three long-delayed divorce parties have passed from the Lok Sabha. Now this bill will be sent to the Rajya Sabha. Prior to voting, this bill was a long discussion for nearly five hours. The MPs of the opposition and ruling parties kept their side. At the same time, before voting, several parties including the Congress, DMK, went to the House. Lok Sabha Speaker postponed the proceedings of the Lok Sabha for a day after the three divorce bills were passed.
– Three Divorce Bill passed in the Lok Sabha. In favour of the bill 245 and 11 votes.
– Owaisi’s proposal to vote in three divorces dropped. Proposals brought on behalf of Owaisi did not get approval from the House. In Voting, 15 votes were cast in favour of Owaisi’s proposal while 236 MPs opposed the proposal.
– Voting on the amendment in three divorces. Prior to voting, many opposition parties, including Congress, DMK and AIADMK, have walked out of the House.
– ‘The bill related to the three divorces is important; it needs to be done in the intensive study. This is a constitutional issue. I request that this will be sent to the Joint Select Committee: Mallikarjun Kharge
– Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said that in the House no one has supported the three divorces, but he certainly did not oppose the bill. If the three divorces are wrong then the Parliament will remain calm on this issue.
– It is demanding to send it to the committee against making a crime. We have provided punishment from the girl to the hanging case in the case of rape, then why did not anyone tell me what would happen to the culprit after the hanging? Even after the Nirbhaya scandal, the strict law was passed by this House. In the dowry law also mother-in-law, husband, the husband goes to jail, then why are not questions raised: Ravi Shankar Prasad
-This whole issue is not aimed at targeting any community, nor is it related to the vote bank of any sect. One of the five judges of the court has also interpreted the Quran. What is considered sin in the Quran can be cured by law: Ravi Shankar Prasad
– AIMIM MP Asaduddin Owaisi said that Muslim women of India protested against this bill and rejected it. He said, ‘This bill is against the values of the Constitution. In our society, homosexuality has been recognized but you are committing three offences, it is because the law will apply against us.
Owaisi asked why a year in the divorce of Hindus and a three-year sentence for the divorce of Muslims. He said that law minister should tell that in the line of Supreme Court’s decision that the three divorces were unconstitutional.
– ‘The opposition is saying that three divorce bills are wrong. The three divorces should not be punished. First of all, tell you whether you are with prey or with a hunter? ‘ : Prem Singh Chandumajra, MP, Akali Dal
– Union Minister Smriti Irani said that 477 women are suffering even after the court verdict. It is our responsibility to give justice to women. One should not be unjust with a sister. Irani said that Saira Bono does not have to go to the Supreme Court if there was a force in the 1986 law. He further said that this country also saw the form when some people supported the dowry, but the House considered it a crime, the practice of Sati was also abolished.
– Anwar Raja of AIADMK said that all the surveys have been done for education and backwardness in India, but triple divorce in any study was not considered the cause of the backwardness of Muslim society, therefore there is no need for bills. This bill will not help women, but they will become weak. This bill is a violation of fundamental rights, this will exploit Muslim men and their families will be disintegrated.
– Meenakshi Lekhi said that those who are pointing out the laws of Hindus should know that there was no divorce in Hindus before the law of 1955.
– BJP MP Meenakshi Lekhi said that those who are facing the noise of Sabarimala tell them that the matter of Sabarimala is completely different. Congress MP Shashi Tharoor has admitted this. There is no mention and provision of three divorces in the Quran. The Supreme Court has also considered it as unconstitutional.
– Ravi Shankar Prasad said, ‘This bill is not against any community, religion or its faith. This bill is for women’s rights and to get them justice. Prasad asked that so far 20 Islamic countries of the world have stopped three divorces, why can not a secular country like India? Prasad said that there should be no politics on this bill.
– Trinamool Congress leader Sudip Bandhopadhyay said in the Lok Sabha, “We also urge the Triple Divorce Bill to be sent to the joint collective committee. The entire Opposition wants this. ‘
– Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge said in the Lok Sabha on the Triple Divorce Bill, “This is a very important bill, which requires a detailed study. It is also a constitutional matter. That is why I request that the bill is sent to the joint collective committee. ‘
– The proceedings of the House started in the afternoon. After which there is a debate on the three divorce bills. Right now, Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad is making a plea in favour of the bill.
– The ruckus was not reduced, after which the house was adjourned for 2 o’clock again.
– The morning proceedings began, but due to the ruckus, the Speaker adjourned the Lok Sabha till 12 o’clock.
Three Political Values Of Divorce
Three divorce bills are politically important too. The BJP wants to raise the issue of equality of women through it. On the ground level, the women’s front and youth front has been deployed to help the distressed Muslim women. It is being seen as an exercise to make Muslim women in their favour.
Three divorce bills made difficult for the opposition
At the same time, it has become difficult for some opposition parties, because they fear that this can shatter the Muslim vote bank. This is the reason why despite being passed before the Lok Sabha, he was stuck in the Rajya Sabha, where there is no majority of the NDA.
In September, the government had to give an ordinance to impose an immediate three-pronged divorce. There is also a provision of three years’ sentence for the person who has given immediate divorce. The bill was introduced in the Lok Sabha on December 17 to replace the same Ordinance. It was believed that the opposition will support it openly this time, due to political results. But, when the bill was introduced in the House, the Congress had protested against it when it opposed it that it would demand some amendments.
In fact, many opposition parties including the Congress are against the provision of punishment. There was also the provision of the non-bailable arrest last time, which has been removed this time. Despite this, the Trinamool Congress has little hope of being supported. There is a large number of Muslims in West Bengal and the Muslim Personal Law Board has been opposing it.